Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I made jewellery!

Ok, after some people nagging me that there is nothings happening on my blog, here a blog post I have been meaning to write for ages.

A few years ago I lost a ring I really liked and ever since I've been moaning about how much I miss that ring. My housemate (who happens to be a self-taught goldsmith) decided this had to stop so he helped me to remake the lost ring. It doesn't look exactly the same as the original, but I really like it and I made it (well I did the bits that weren't too tricky...).

first metalwork project

first metalwork project

first metalwork project

We made it from a pre-made setting (but cut out the setting for one stone to make it 6 stones instead of 7) and a white gold band. I thought the zirkonia stones would be most expensive but they were 20p each, so I bought loads and picked the nicest ones.

1 comment:

  1. Usually both the bride and groom wear the same kind of wedding ring and hence it's always wise to go shopping for the ring together. Most of the jewellers have an amazing collection of rings as these are the most popular wedding accessory that you'd find. Antler rings

    ReplyDelete